Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday at Walmart

Never, Never, Never go to Wal-mart on Saturday afternoon. It has been taken over by pod people with their carts. The hubby has had the stomach flu and I needed to get to the pop aisle for a medicinal bottle of Coke. I went down the main aisle otherwise known as the AISLE of DEATH. I couldn't walk down without a child, a cart or a wheelchair cutting me off and then stopping right in front of me. As I approached the candy area it was even worse, people everywhere, when I politely said excuse me I was greeted with the death glare, lucky for me I teach school and am cognizant of the death glare and was able to deflect it with my shield of indifference. I finally achieved my goal and Nirvana not a soul in sight, I had the pop aisle to myself, it gave me just the right amount of determination to make my way back to the front of the store, where I waited in line for 20 long minutes, but did learn quite a bit about Seal and Heidi Klum. Also, I must say Kelly Preston looks great having lost a lot of weight.

Today I took my 81 year old dad out for his birthday. I have found that as we age some people don't like getting older but cheer up, people who make it to their 80's are excited to get another birthday. I choose to have that attitude right now. Bring on the cake, I love my birthday.

Tonight the hog-the-tv-almost-every-night Jazz are playing again, what is this? There are new episodes on Investigative Discovery tonight and I
AM

MISSING

THEM! Oh the inhumanity.

Why, oh, why couldn't the NBA stay on strike all season. Hopefully next year they can disagree about their poor salaries (yeah right, try living on a teacher's salary) again and I will get a break to watch WHAT I WANT.

I think I hear the cake calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment