Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pig Out at the Huntsman's

I went to a party recently and they had a meal in a milk can. I thought it would be fun to have a family pig out, so this weekend my husband and I did. It was fun to prepare and even more fun to have people over.


Of course we needed a costume for the pig out, nose for Pete and nose and mask for me.







I found the noses and mask at Zuckers for .97 cents each. It was worth the money for the fun.






I also bought a pan for the meal that cost $19.88 at Wal-mart.

This is the way I make meal in a milk (pan) can.



Red potatoes, corn on the cob, cabbage, onions, sausage, carrots and ham.


I washed the potatoes and cut the biggest ones in half, peeled the carrots, and cut in half, cut the cabbage in wedges, the onions in wedges and the meat in chunks.









Layer the meat, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, cabbage, meat, potatoes, onions, cabbage, and meat. Add the corn on the cob for the last few minutes.

Add 2 -4 cups of water. Cook on high until boiling then slowly lower to low. Cook for 35 -40 minutes. Drain the water and pour in the troughs.










The troughs:












No comments:

Post a Comment